The College of Engineering Dean’s Office is located on the second floor of the Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC) Building. The facility is approximately 30,000 square feet with the AMC occupying 20,000 square feet dedicated to machining and materials testing space.
A large portion of the bottom floor is a high bay manufacturing floor with a 5-ton bridge crane that houses the AMC’s large equipment. The entire building is temperature and humidity controlled. The building is centrally located on the UMaine campus, directly adjacent to the new Engineering Plaza, Memorial Union, Shibles and Stevens Hall. The main parking area is located in across from the Maine Center for the Arts.
Physical Address: 5796 AMC Building, Room 200, Orono, ME 04469-5796
Directions by Car
Be sure to get a parking pass from the UMaine Police or from Admissions before parking on campus. Parking is located across from the Collins Center for the Arts.
- Take I-95 exit 193 Stillwater Avenue Old Town
- Turn right on Stillwater Ave.
- Turn right on College Ave just after the bridge into Old Town (4th traffic light from interstate).
- Turn left on Long Rd just after Alfond Arena (white peaked roof building)
- Turn right onto Flagstaff Rd.
- (19 Flagstaff road on GPS will usually get you to this turn)
- Turn right onto Beddington Rd just before the Collins Center of the Arts.
- AMC is the large brick building, entrance is on either side.
Directions by Plane
Bangor International Airport, 12 miles from the University of Maine, is serviced by several major airlines. Contact your local travel agent for specific flight arrangements. The flight time to Bangor is approximately 45 minutes from Boston and 2 hours from New York or Montreal. All major car rental agencies are represented at the airport. Taxi service is also available.
Directions by Bus
Greyhound Bus Lines and Concord Trailways Bus Lines accommodate Bangor daily with frequent north-bound and south-bound trips. The Bangor (BAT) city bus system offers transportation to the University of Maine campus.