News and Events
Welcome to the College of Engineering News and Events Page. We work with the University of Maine News Department to bring engineering news to you. Please see the news feed on the left and throughout the site. We also provide news posts from across the College of Engineering, as seen on the right side. The College presents annual events each year, including:
- Francis Crowe Society Ceremony – May/Dec
- Gorman Emeriti Brunch – Oct during Homecoming Wknd
- Edward Bryand Recognition Banquet – Nov
- Engineering EXPO – Spring at either UM/USM – in cooperation with the Maine Engineering Promotional Council.
- Summer Camps
The College produces an annual magazine and quarterly e-newsletters to help our alumni and friends stay informed and connected with UMaine Engineering.
Please let us know if you would like to be added to the mailing list for the magazine, which is an annual publication that is sent out to all known engineering alumni through the U.S. mail, and/or the quarterly electronic newsletter.
Please indicate which publication you would like to receive, the magazine in the mail or the newsletter through your email, then email your name and this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diamond Offshore Wind, RWE Renewables join the University of Maine to lead development of Maine floating offshore wind demonstration project
Navatek and UMaine win $5M Navy contract for research into additive manufacturing for Navy vessels
Girls Engineer Maine (GEM) receives funding to recruit women engineers
UMaine receives patent for composite building products made with cellulose nanofibers
UMaine professors receive Department of Energy grant to design novel energy-storage materials
UMaine, UMass Amherst researchers bioengineering novel membrane to capture COVID-19 airborne droplets
Composites Center awarded $3.2M for R&D to protect troops
UMaine WiSe-Net Lab, AMSAT partner to develop Maine’s first small satellite
Meet the 2020 Outstanding Graduating Students
UMaine holds virtual groundbreaking for $78 million Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center
- 2018: 2020 Vision for UMaine Engineering
- 2017: Student Experience
- 2016: Leadership in Engineering
- 2015: Moving Maine Forward
- 2014: Active Learning
- 2013: Mentoring Matters
- 2012: Discovering Sustainable Bioeconomy Solutions
- 2011: Setting the Course for Deepwater Offshore Wind
- 2010: Partnerships that Strengthen Maine
- 2009: Researching Solutions to the Energy Puzzle