News and Events
Welcome to the College of Engineering News and Events Page. We work with the University of Maine News Department to bring engineering news to you. Please see the news feed on the left and throughout the site. We also provide news posts from across the College of Engineering, as seen on the right side. The College presents annual events each year, including:
- Francis Crowe Society Ceremony – May/Dec
- Gorman Emeriti Brunch – Oct during Homecoming Wknd
- Edward Bryand Recognition Banquet – Nov
- Engineering EXPO – Spring at either UM/USM – in cooperation with the Maine Engineering Promotional Council.
- Summer Camps
The College produces an annual magazine and quarterly e-newsletters to help our alumni and friends stay informed and connected with UMaine Engineering.
Please let us know if you would like to be added to the mailing list for the magazine, which is an annual publication that is sent out to all known engineering alumni through the U.S. mail, and/or the quarterly electronic newsletter.
Please indicate which publication you would like to receive, the magazine in the mail or the newsletter through your email, then email your name and this information to email@example.com.
Bradley Denholm: Engineering student designs programming solutions for AMC
UMaine Composites Center receives three Guinness World Records related to largest 3D printer
Donors celebrating 55th UMaine Class Reunion to name engineering building
Center offering additive metal manufacturing services, training to Maine businesses
Pfeiffer Foundation makes $1.5 million gift to new UMaine engineering building
Wood waste converted into jet fuel, it’s happening in Maine
Father of Personal Computing Chuck Peddle Keynoting “Disruptive Innovation Symposium”
Meet Grad Student Preston Spicer
Meet Grad Student Taylor Bailey
- 2018: 2020 Vision for UMaine Engineering
- 2017: Student Experience
- 2016: Leadership in Engineering
- 2015: Moving Maine Forward
- 2014: Active Learning
- 2013: Mentoring Matters
- 2012: Discovering Sustainable Bioeconomy Solutions
- 2011: Setting the Course for Deepwater Offshore Wind
- 2010: Partnerships that Strengthen Maine
- 2009: Researching Solutions to the Energy Puzzle